News & Activities
ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination invites you to the ASIATIQUE Thailand Countdown 2022 at an iconic countdown landmark, spreading happiness with a fireworks extravaganza designed by the Thai World Champion Firework along the curve of the Chao Phraya River
21 December 2021, Bangkok, Thailand - ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination, a lifestyle tourism spot along the Chao Phraya River under the management of Asset World Corp Public Company Limited or AWC, invites you to an exclusive New Year countdown experience with a spectacular fireworks display along the curve of the Chao Phraya River at the ASIATIQUE Thailand Countdown 2022 event on 31 December 2021 at ASIATIQUE Park under New Normal measures, a truly popular countdown landmark and tourist attraction along the Chao Phraya River, Bangkok, Thailand.
Mr. Bhima Liwlom, Chief Retail Business Officer of Asset World Corp Public Company Limited, reveals that ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination will present a fireworks show under the From Dusk till Dawn concept and join in on celebrating the New Year by hosting the ASIATIQUE Thailand Countdown 2022 along the curve of the Chao Phraya River, hailed as one of Thailand’s world-renowned New Year countdown destinations. The night sky will be lighted up with spectacular and colorful fireworks that represent love, prosperity, and happiness as an exhibition of hope and joyfulness for Thai and international viewers. The fireworks show will be created by a Thai fireworks designer, Mr. Sarawut Taisub, one of the team members of Pyro 2000 Ltd, the world champion from the United Kingdom who has won many competitions around the world. The fireworks display will be divided into three sections including:
Section 1: Love – heart-shaped fireworks as a symbol of love and care
Section 2: Prosperity – golden fireworks as a symbol of prosperity and wealth
Section 3: Happiness – colorful fireworks as a symbol of happiness, liveliness, and hope to welcome the new and auspicious year in 2022.
“ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination is delighted to welcome all visitors. We are ready to bring happiness and fun to those who will be able to enjoy the beautiful and scenic setting on the Chao Phraya River including the ‘Sirimahannop’ tall ship, the new waterfront restaurant and landmark, the Living Museum & Art Festival that offers a new experience where you can learn more about art and culture via presentations made from innovative and state-of-the-art technology, artwork displayed in many zones, and the ‘Riverside F&B Destination’, a culinary paradise that meet the needs and appetite of all visitors and tourists,” said Mr. Bhima.
Ms. Chatchanok Treerattanawatin, General Manager of the ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination, added that apart from the activities mentioned, the event will feature:
- LED CUBE SCULPTURE – a large piece of art situated along the Chao Phraya River, bewildering you with a 7-metre-high and 4.7-metre-wide structure with a 3-metre-wide and 3-metre-high LED cube that will attract visitors to ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination and those commuting by water in the afternoon and evening. The landmark will be located at ASIATIQUE Park from 12 December 2021 to 12 January 2022.
- Rock the countdown party with DJ Lady Punch who will give a fun and joyful musical performance to celebrate the New Year from 23:00 hrs. to 00:25 hrs.
- You can watch a live stream at www.facebook.com/ASIATIQUE.Thailand to enjoy the euphoric fireworks via Facebook Live.
“To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the organizer will raise the health standards to the highest level to safely welcome everyone under the SHA Plus system by limiting the number of visitors, setting up spots for alcohol gel in the event’s public areas, requiring visitors to register through the Thaichana application, show their vaccination certificate, wear a mask, and maintain a safe social distance. Employees and organizers are required to have negative antigen test results issued within 72 hours and a vaccination certificate prior to the event,” states Ms. Chatchanok.
Ms. Chutinant Ake-ukritkul, Chief Marketing Officer of Retail Group, AWC, states that all seven retail centers under the management of AWC will join in on spreading happiness and celebrating the New Year by hosting events at ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination, Gateway Ekamai, Gateway at Bangsue, Pantip Ngamwongwan, Lasalle’s Avenue, Tawanna Bangkapi, and Pantip Chiangmai under The Season of Happiness 2022 concept throughout the course of 49 days from 18 November 2021 to 5 January 2022.
Shoppers will get a chance to win a luxury hotel voucher worth up to 200,000 baht such as a Premier Club room and a Premier Suite with Club Lounge access from The Okura Prestige Bangkok, an M Suite with M Club access from Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park, and from other AWC affiliated hotels including Le Méridien Bangkok, Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse, Double Tree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sathorn, and Meliá Chiang Mai, when meeting the spending requirements.
For this joyful season, the seven retail centers have created an impressive, colorful photo landmark inside the building featuring various activities and promotions for shoppers to enjoy. When meeting the spending requirements, shoppers will receive a free Happy Bag. Credit card promotions, concerts from famous Thai artists, and special gifts are also offered to shoppers.
- Gateway at Bangsue – a mini concert from Ben Chalatit on 25 December 2021 and Gateway at Bangsue Fun with Friends, The Foodies, the special year-end festival, at Sky Garden on the sixth floor to enjoy a variety of food and drinks and good vibes from 20 December 2021 to 19 January 2022.
- Gateway Ekamai – a mini concert from Nanon Korapat on 24 December 2021 and celebrate the year-end with Tongtong Kitsakorn on 25 December 2021 as well as a caravan of discounted merchandise.
- Lasalle’s Avenue – a special New Year’s gift festival from 24 December to 26 December 2021 featuring Little Santa Claus & Santarina activity, a concert in Banyan Tree Court, and beautifully decorated photo corners.
- ASIATIQUE The Riverfront Destination, Tawanna Bangkapi, Pantip Ngamwongwan, and Pantip Chiangmai with special discounts, gift festival, Santa Claus and Santarina activity, choir performance, and beautifully decorated photo corners.
“The countdowns and New Year festivals jointly organized by the seven retail centers and partner stores are a sincere token of gratitude to our customers to bring happiness and fun to all. The events strictly follow the Ministry of Public Health’s measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to ensure our customer’s confidence by delivering special moments o everyone during the season of happiness,” said Ms. Chutinant.
For more information on the promotions and activities, please visit: