Duties & Responsibilities
Data scientists utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. They then use this information to develop data-driven solutions to answer business challenges and provide insights for decision.
- Get and confirm requirement with business user
- Process, clean and explore data
- Develop dashboard/model for insights and decision
- Review results with business user and make adjustment
- Prepare presentation and documentation
- Exp. in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Exp. in querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Exp. in creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Exp. with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.
- Exp. in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Power BI, Tableau etc.